It’s a new year and you’re excited about the possibilities, one being the chance to get a beautiful smile. This is something you’ve been wanting for years but never really committed to making happen. As a result, you’ve experienced a drop in your self-esteem and would like to regain it. That’s why your cosmetic dentist of State College has some exciting information to share that will assist in making your dreams become a reality through the wonders of cosmetic dentistry.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the realm of care that focuses on the aesthetic appeal of your smile. It is divided into several different services, including:
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers are thin ceramic shells that are custom made to fit your teeth. They can get rid of stains, close gaps and address chips, cracks, crooked and uneven teeth.
- Meta-Free Restorations – These processes allow for your teeth to be repaired without the use of metals. Instead, it incorporates materials that closely resemble your natural enamel so that you maintain a normal and healthy looking smile.
- Cosmetic Bonding – This is a quick and easy way to repair minor cracks, chips and stains by applying a compound resin that is shaped to match the natural appearance of your other teeth and then hardened by your dentist.
- Inlays and Onlays – This group of restorations are used in situations that don’t warrant a crown replacement but require more repair than just a filling. The inlay addresses the internal part of your tooth while the onlay covers the same area and the cusps (the rough chewing surface).
- ClearCorrect – An alternative to traditional braces, the ClearCorrect system straightens your teeth using clear plastic trays, allowing you to improve your smile with dignity.
- Teeth Whitening – Using either the Glo Whitening in-office process or whitening trays that you can take home, you can expect to see the color of your teeth enhanced between 6 to 10 shades, yielding a dramatic change in your appearance.
Why is Cosmetic Dentistry Important?
One important point not to be overlooked, is that many of the above processes will impact function as well. For example, when your teeth are properly aligned, it improves your ability to speak clearly and chew your food thoroughly. Also, reinforcing or repairing a chipped tooth protects it from more wear in that area.
Furthermore, cosmetic dentistry provides a major boost to your confidence, which has a direct impact on how you interact with other people and perform in your professional life. It can also play a key role in determining your success because studies show that 73% of people are more likely to trust a person with a nice smile than someone who doesn’t have one.
So to ensure that you exude confidence and make a positive impact on everyone you meet this year, feel free to reach out to your dentist of State College to schedule an initial visit to take advantage of the opportunities available to you.
About the Author
After receiving his undergraduate degrees in biology and chemistry, Dr. Donald Marks went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Pittsburgh. In addition, he has completed continued training modules with several institutions, including the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry. Dr. Marks practices at Donald Marks Family Dentistry and can be reached for more information through his website.