If you’ve ever been told you need braces but said no because of the time, hassle, discomfort, or embarrassment of traditional metal, the ClearCorrect alignment tray system may be right for you. For many years, metal brackets and wires have been used to correct crooked, gapped, and misaligned teeth by tightening wires that pull brackets shifting teeth into proper alignment. Traditional orthodontics are extremely effective, but treatment impacts every aspect of patients’ lives. Bracket and wire braces require regular visits for tightening and adjustment, changes to diet and oral hygiene routines, take as long as 24 months to complete, and give patients a metallic smile. Thanks to advances in orthodontics, our State College, PA dental patients have a more cosmetic, convenient solution: the ClearCorrect alignment tray system.
The ClearCorrect System
The ClearCorrect system shifts teeth into place using a series of clear, plastic alignment trays. These removable aligners apply constant pressure causing teeth to move gradually, but the clear trays are virtually undetectable to the casual observer. There’s no need to change your diet or at-home hygiene routine. Simply remove alignment trays during meals and cleaning. Patients interested in ClearCorrect orthodontics can expect:
- An initial consultation appointment to examine teeth, and determine whether ClearCorrect is a good option for your treatment.
- A planning session to take x-rays, impressions, and photos, design your future smile, and develop a treatment and payment plan that meets your needs and lifestyle.
- Your treatment plan is sent to a ClearCorrect lab where technicians create a series of aligners to shift your current smile to your dream smile over the course of treatment.
- When our office receives the aligners, you’ll visit us to make sure your first set of trays fits comfortably, and discuss questions you have before beginning treatment.
- After about two weeks (or whatever treatment plan we determine for you), you’ll replace the current set of alignment trays with the next set in the series.
- While patients won’t need to keep numerous, lengthy appointments as they would with traditional braces, we do schedule periodic checkups throughout treatment to ensure your smile is aligning according to plan.
- Most patients complete treatment in under a year.
Find out More about Clear Braces State College
If you’ve avoided orthodontic treatment because of the hassle of traditional braces, lack of time to commit to orthodontist visits, or you want a more cosmetic teeth straightening solution, the ClearCorrect clear braces system may be the right choice. Contact Donald Marks Family Dentistry today to find out more about ClearCorrect smile alignment in State College, PA.